Here are some great ways from money facts, to choose your estate agent in Worcester when the time comes to sell.
1. Do They want Your Business?!
This may seem an obvious thing to ask. Call the agent up. Are their staff keen to help. Are they more interested in lettings then sales? How quickly can they come out to value your property? By making this one phone call, you can get a feel how you will be treated and more importantly, how your buyers will be treated in the coming months of selling and sales chasing.
2. Are they No Sale No Fee?
Some agents like purplebricks are now charging even if they dont sell your property. With an average fee of over £1000 this is a lot of money to not get back! They also leave you to negotiate the sale yourself, which can cost an inexperienced negotiator many £1000's in equity. Williams are now No Sale, No Risk, No Fee.
3. Ask these questions:
- How much does the agent charge for sole agency and what is the tie-in period? Sole agency is where one agent has the exclusive right to sell your property for a set period. If your property is sold by another agent in this time you will still have to pay the sole agent their fee, as well as the agent who actually sold it. As a rule, fees for sole agency can range between 1% and 2.5% of the sale price, with a tie-in period of up to eight weeks.
- How much does the agent charge for multi-agency? A multi-agency arrangement means several agents will have your property on their books, with the successful agency being granted the fee. Generally speaking, this fee will be in the region of 2.5% and 3.5% of the sale price.
- How long has the agent been established and what is their experience? A well-established agent that has experience selling properties in the immediate vicinity of your home is preferable.
- How will your property be advertised? Will it appear in the local paper? On a property website such as Rightmove? Is the agency able to show examples of how they advertise properties?
- Who will look after viewings? Will the estate agent be present at all viewings? Check as to whether they will be available during evenings and weekends.
4. Decide between sole and multi-agency, then haggle
If you are already on the market. Multi agency is a good way to fully test the market. Some people prefer to just deal with one estate agent at a time though. We can explain the benefits of both to you.
If you are thinking of selling your property in Worcester. Or you are already on the market and would like to relaunch your property , with a more proacive agent. Give Williams Worcester a call for more details:
Sellers Priority Line: 0333 20 70 50 7